There are five categories of membership:
- Young Adult membership see below for full details.
- Full membership is open to those families who already have one or more adopted children of Chinese origin.
- Associate membership is open to those who are considering adoption, or are in the process of adopting a child of Chinese origin.
- Newsletter Subscription is for other family members of full members and those people with a professional interest in overseas adoption, they receive the newsletter only and do not have members right.
- Honorary membership is bestowed on selected individuals at the officers discretion.
For more information, please read the Rules of the Organisation.
If you find the idea of this kind of organisation attractive, please join us !
Download a membership application form here and please allow 28 days for your membership to be processed.
Young Adult Membership
CACH have introduced Young Adult Membership since many of CACH’s first babies – that’s you! – are now moving onto university, jobs and other adventures.
If you are aged between 18 – 24 years old, then you can apply for Young Adult membership.
It is only £10 a year, with £5 payable by direct debit and the remaining £5 would be paid by the CACH BACK fund.
It means you can continue to have the benefits of being part of the wider CACH community if your parents no longer wish to continue their family membership. (Or your parents can continue their family membership, whilst you can become a young adult member)
It entitles you to:
· Access to the members only pages of the website
· Join the CACH Teens Facebook group
· Attend regional CACH events and any CACH Young Adult specific events
· Attend the annual Reunion and Picnic, but you’ll need to cover any entertainment fees and hotel expenses!
· Apply for grants from the CACH BACK fund.
· Receive email updates of Young Adult related actives.
· Finally but most importantly, still be part of the CACH community!
Unfortunately Young Adult membership won’t entitle you to bring your family to regional or national events (unless they hold family membership!)
So now for the small print:
- To qualify for Young Adult Membership your family must have held full membership for the three years before your application is made. In exceptional circumstances the Trustees (currently Mags, John, Vicky and Josie) can decide to waive this requirement.
- When you reach the age of 24 you’ll be expected to upgrade to full membership, paying the standard subscription rates and having access to full member benefits.